[TYPO3-dev] Minor isuses with the latest 4.2

Christopher Torgalson bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Sat Mar 22 22:39:11 CET 2008

Hi,

On Sat, Mar 22, 2008 at 10:24 PM, Stefan Galinski
<stefan.galinski at gmail.com> wrote:
> Helmut Hummel wrote:
>
>  > * The problems with the top toolbar can be easily solved by adding a
>  > min-width direction (see patch).
>
>  IE6 doesn't know the min-width property. It was introduced with IE7.
>
>  Something like this should work for IE5 and 6 (just copied from one of my
>  css templates).
>
>  width: expression(document.documentElement.clientWidth ?
>  document.documentElement.clientWidth < 1000 ? "1000px" :
>  document.documentElement.clientWidth + "px" : document.body.clientWidth <
>  1000 ? "1000px" : document.documentElement.clientWidth - 1 + "px");

If it's *only* a matter of minimum width, you can also get away with
just 'width,' since IE < 7 renders width as min-width. *However*,
doing it this way requires you to deliver a separate IE stylesheet
(usually via a conditional comment). This *is* the best way to do it
(since it enforces keeping nonstandard CSS well-separated from the
standard stuff), but I don't know much about how IE-only styles are
currently delivered in this circumstance.

Just wanted to add the option to the discussion.

--
Christopher Torgalson
http://www.typo3apprentice.com/