[TYPO3-dev] Select multiple e.g. pages in Popup for TCA type "group"

Jonas Schnaitmann Jonas.Schnaitmann at partykel.de
Thu Mar 20 01:29:19 CET 2008

Hi there,

for a project we needed a posibillity to distribute records on different
pages on our website to display them there.

So we thought about using the "group"-type in TCA (the default config
from the kickstarter with internal_type=db and allowed=pages) for our
records but because we have several hundreds pages, it would have been
really uncomfortable to set all pages for a record because you only can
select one page by a time.
So we decided to program a little bit so that it is possible to select
multiple pages in the popup via checkbox. That's much more efficent than
the other way cause the popup doesn't close every time.

We think it's a pretty useful thing, but the code is rather a more or
less dirty hack (simply because of the reason that I didn't really had
the time to do it clean).
I don't really know if the code work's for every installation and every
scenario, but if anyone is interested, I could give you the changes we made.

I've attached a screenshot of the function.

Cheers