[TYPO3-dev] adding own buttons to docheader

Tapio Markula tapio.markula at xetpoint.fi
Mon Mar 17 08:37:26 CET 2008

Krystian Szymukowicz kirjoitti:

> hey
>
> I've searched and digging the TYPO3 code since yesterday but I could not
> find a good answer.
>

> Is there an easy way to add own buttons to docheaders?

Not at this moment - needed hook doesn't exist :(.

In addition the current version of Typo3 4.2 misses in general way to
add, reorder and regroup button.

Steffen Kamper made a patch gneric way to add, reorder and regroup
button - I implemented that patch into last version of tm_shared_lib
(XCLASS for template.php - function getDocHeaderButtons), which has beta
level support of Typo3 4.2.

That has also a generic hook for adding new buttons. But if it is a
generic hook, the question is how to add for certain file, for example
db_layout.php but not for other docheaders?

I added hook for db_layout.php (function getButtons)

But that needs hook for db_layout.php. I have added many hooks into
tm_contentaccess and tm_shared_lib but needed hook misses.

Typo3 4.2 is currently bad concerning adding own buttons to docheaders
:(. But I hope that Steffen's proposal will be taken seriously and it
would be implementended in the final version of Typo3 4.2. I would be
really nice, if needed hooks would be in core.