[TYPO3-dev] TYPO3 4.2: Tables in content elements break backend layout

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net
Sun Mar 16 20:16:34 CET 2008

Uschi Renziehausen schrieb:
> Hi Masi,
>
> Martin Kutschker wrote:
>
>> Otherwise please stick the list's rules. New threads must start with a
>> patch for a bug fix a or feature.
>>

> Those are the list rules for core list, but this one is the dev list. I
> would not be able to write that patch :-(

Sorry!!! I'm constantly switching between the lists. My fault.

>> Anyway, do I understand you correct when I assume that this behaviour
>> only occurs when the RTE is disabled?
> No, the RTE is enabled. We do not talk about that page where you edit
> one content element, but the one you get to if you click on the
> pagetitle in the pagetree, the one with the overview of the content
> elements. Is there an official name for it?

Usually referred to Web>page, probably the same if you use templa voila.

>>  Further question: is this behaviour new (as
>> your subject line suggests)? I don't think that it differs from
>> previous TYPO3 versions.
>>
> Hm, cannot tell you for certain right now, but if the rendering of
> tables has not been changed, there will be no difference between older
> versions and 4.2. Only, now the table editor in RTE is really nice, so
> more people will use it.
> Mind you, the problem only occurs if your table has a lot of columns and
> there is only one word in each column. The problem also might occur if
> you have a long long ol/ul with each li only containing one word. I
> think this is why the issue remained undetected.

As it's the preview (as Steffen wrote) this has wlaways been the way.
Along with the ugly way non-breaking spaces are displayed as entities.

Adding spaces before all (?) block level elements could be a solution
(at least tr, p, div, blockquote, address and a maybe few others). As
for adding line breaks: Line breaks will blow up the preview area. Of
course thy could be added for TRs, but shouldn't they then not also
added for paragraphs, etc? Maybe a small icon could be used instead.

Masi