[TYPO3-dev] IRRE: is multiple usage of related records possible?

Ingmar Schlecht ingmar at typo3.org
Fri Mar 14 16:40:18 CET 2008

Hi Bernd,

bernd wilke wrote:
> I just started to use IRRE modifying a TCA-structure from 'select' to
> 'inline'
>
> looks nice and is working.
>
> but on one relation I would like to have also a selection from existing
> records instead of the only possibility to create new records.
>
> using the hotel-example I would like to have records with options of the
> rooms, like 'has TV', 'is single-bed'. These options should be generated
> in the way of IRRE, but when they are created for the first room, it
> should be possible to reuse the same record(s) on the second instead of
> creating them again.
>
> is this possible at all?

I wouldn't encourage this as to me it appears to be very confusing to
the user, but there is a way to do this: You need to use an intermediate
table (something similar to an MM table) and then configure IRRE to use
the combination mode. Search for "useCombination" on that page:
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/extension-manuals/irre_tutorial/0.1.10/view/1/2/#id3766369

cheers
Ingmar

--