[TYPO3-dev] Revamped FORM cObj, take 2

Patrick Broens patrick at patrickbroens.nl
Wed Mar 12 13:29:16 CET 2008

Hi,

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Patrick Broens wrote:
>> The Form Wizard should be a layer on top of the IRRE records. When you
>> add items to the wizard, you add IRRE records, but the regular editor
>> doesn't see what's going on under the hood.
>
> About form generation: wiki says prototype/scripaculous. What exactly do
> you want to generate with these frameworks? :)
This is all about the Form Wizard. This will be based on
prototype/scriptaculous. In the wizard you can drag items into the form,
move them around for sorting order, do inline editing (clicking on a
label will give you the opportunity to edit the label at its place,
etcetera.

This is NOT frontend related at all. For frontend serverside validation
will be available, perhaps combined with Ajax, but frontend should not
rely on javascript. My first goal is to get a user friendly intuitive
form wizard in the backend.

Patrick