[TYPO3-dev] Revamped FORM cObj, take 2

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Wed Mar 12 09:27:30 CET 2008

Hi,

> I've updated the wiki with some of my ideas. Have a look at it.
> http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Form_Wizard_for_TYPO3_4.2

Thanks. A lot of interesting stuff in there and a lot of food for thought.

I have quite a few remarks, but not the time to do that today. I'll get
back to that later.

> The Form Wizard should be a layer on top of the IRRE records. When you
> add items to the wizard, you add IRRE records, but the regular editor
> doesn't see what's going on under the hood.

I am rather doubtful about that. I don't know if IRRE really makes
sense. I'm afraid that it would make the whole thing far too heavy. And
how do you combine the TypoScript and the IRRE approach?

Couldn't we just do with a syntax like today, just expanded? If the
wizard is good, it doesn't matter what's underneath. Same if we have
helper classes to generate forms from within extensions.

Just a few preliminary remarks :-)

Have to rush off! Cheers

--

Francois Suter