[TYPO3-dev] Drop no_cache

Steffen Kamper steffen at sk-typo3.de
Wed Mar 5 17:06:20 CET 2008

"Michael Stucki" <michael at typo3.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1204726505.11012.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...
> Francois Suter wrote:
>
>>> This is an overview of Elmar's articles:
>>>
>>> http://uk.wordpress.com/tag/no_cache/
>>
>> I have read those and found very difficult to understand. And I have
>> some experience. Maybe I'm a bit thick about the subject, but those
>> articles will definitely not help beginners (and many not beginners
>> either I would bet). Something as clear as "The mysteries of cHash"
>> would be a dream come true.
>
> That's exactly the point. Docs will need to be tested intensively. If they
> are too difficult, they will be ignored. (And the same also would happen
> if
> we would publish all these docs just at once...)
>
> After all the subject was there for several years, so there is no need to
> hurry now.

yes. And for good articles we need good writers. So anyone who understand
the topic very well should write a good article about that. We can discuss
about it in a new thread when time is right. For now this is too general to
discuss that all in this thread, the message here should be: Time will
change and no_cache will be depriciated in the future.

vg  Steffen