[TYPO3-dev] config.baseURL and section links: page needs to be reloaded because of hardcoded base element?

Uschi Renziehausen typo3news at otherone.de
Sat Mar 1 20:23:20 CET 2008

Hi Ron,

Dr. Ronald P. Steiner wrote:
> Hi Uschi,
>
> you are absolutely right, it would be possible to generate absolute
> URL's for every link or generate relative URL's to the actual page.
> But first it would be more effort in figuring out the relative URL's to
> the actual page and second it would make html code longer and therefore
> slower to load.

thanks for explanation :-)

> ... and there is no drawback using the baseUrl. So why do this effort?

When I ran into that trap with the forgotten prefixLocalAnchors, I
wanted to find my mistake. I first checked tsref, unfortunately under
typolink, not under config, where I did not find the solution to my
problem. So I started to search the code for baseURL to find out how it
all works together. Then Steffen posted the solution, but I am a curious
person and wanted to understand. So I asked, and obviously made
everybody angry :-((

Regards, Uschi