[TYPO3-dev] config.baseURL and section links: page needs to be reloaded because of hardcoded base element?

Dr. Ronald P. Steiner Ronald.Steiner at googlemail.com
Sat Mar 1 19:40:34 CET 2008

Hi Uschi,

you are absolutely right, it would be possible to generate absolute
URL's for every link or generate relative URL's to the actual page.
But first it would be more effort in figuring out the relative URL's to
the actual page and second it would make html code longer and therefore
slower to load.
... and there is no drawback using the baseUrl. So why do this effort?

greeints

Ron