[TYPO3-dev] config.baseURL and section links: page needs to be reloaded because of hardcoded base element?

Dr. Ronald P. Steiner Ronald.Steiner at googlemail.com
Sat Mar 1 18:22:43 CET 2008

Hi Uschi,

normally links in an html document are relative to the document itself.
The baseUrl in the header defines a new reference where the links in the
document should be relative to.
So setting baseUrl just sets this tag in the html document. All the rest
is normal behavior of web browsers.
And regarding your second questions. Links to targets within a page
don't reload the entire page. - also normal behavior of web browsers.

greetings

Ron