[TYPO3-dev] Trying to make plugins compatible with Typo3 4.2

Franz Holzinger franz at fholzinger.com
Sat Mar 1 11:31:33 CET 2008

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] a écrit :
> Hi!
>
> Martin Kutschker wrote:
>> Is there anything to think about? Offhand I say that for or XCLASS
>> mechanism all methods must be either publich or protected and never
>> private.
>
> I usually create protected. I do not see why methods should be really
> private.

I think if a method deals with user passwords then it should be
certified that no other installed TYPO3 extension can modify the
password by overriding one of the methods which are allowed to modify
the password. This is better security. It would be harder to always
check the code of each extension before you install it,

- Franz