[TYPO3-dev] Guidlines for module developers

Tapio Markula tapio.markula at xetpoint.fi
Fri Jun 27 19:00:54 CEST 2008

Steffen Kamper kirjoitti:
> Hi,
>
> "Tapio Markula" <tapio.markula at xetpoint.fi> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> news:mailman.1.1214464789.14842.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...
>> Hi
>>
>> Typo3 4.2 use docheaders, which are not used in additional modules.
>> Might be needed to give some guiding lines?
>>
> i think thjis should be integrated in kickstarter, giving the choice (not)
> using docheaders so it will be easy for the devs.
>
>> I have made tm_tvpagemodule Typo3 4.2 style layout using Typo3 4.2

>> Here latest evaluation versions.
>> http://t3test.xetpoint.com/?id=evaluations

> I see no reason for new development and php4. php4 is dead! and imho should
> not supported any more. people should have a good reason to upgrade (nearly
> all providers did that)

my bos uses always PHP 4 in his own server

> New development should use php5 and this doing consequent by using
> private/protected/public aso.

Is that really needed?

Anyway if you do something like this

			// start page
		$this->content = $start;
			// generate main content
		if($Typo3_4_2) {

$this->doc->setModuleTemplate(t3lib_extMgm::extRelPath('tm_tvpagemodule').'htmlTemplates/tv_layout.html');
			$pageinfo = t3lib_BEfunc::readPageAccess($this->id, $this->perms_clause);
			$this->markers['CSH']=$docheaderButtons['csh'];
			$this->markers['CONTENT']=$body;
			$this->content.= $this->doc->moduleBody($pageinfo, $docHeaderButtons,
$this->markers);
		}
		else	$this->content .= $body;
			// end page
		$this->content .= $this->doc->endPage();
you can do modules so, that the layout use docheader or not.
Just make conditional such $body .=..., which you would use markers in
Typo3 4.2 - works well in my evaluation version of tm_tvpagemodule,
which is both compatible with Typo3 4.0-4.1 and Typo3 4.2.