[TYPO3-dev] Extension Execution Order

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Tue Jun 24 11:49:01 CEST 2008

Hi!

Benno Weinzierl wrote:
> i have to execute my extension after all other extensions.
> This turns out to be difficult because the priority-property of
> ext_emconf.php aparently does not influence the execution-order of the
> extensions.

Extensions are executed in the order as they "pop up" as content elements.

> This means i have to place my extension at the bottom of the page, but
> that is not what i want.

Not necessary. You have to make sure it is executed last, not placed last ;)

I would do it in two steps. The first step is to place a marker on the page where you want errors to appear. The second step is to make a hook for TSFE to post-process content and replace this marker. Messages can be saved in TSFE register and you can access registers from the hook.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
E-mail: dmitry at typo3.org
Skype: callto:liels_bugs