[TYPO3-dev] current usage of DBAL

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net
Sat Jun 7 12:31:56 CEST 2008

Steffen Ritter schrieb:
> Hello list,
> I just need to implement a situation where I'm forced to use DBAL.
> I'm working with 4.2.1RC1.
> First of all, if dbal installed in delivered configuration TYPO3 won't
> work at all. But for this, a patch is present in bugtracker, which works
> fine.

Which one?

> BUT in working with dbal (f.e. just installing extensions when dbal
> extensions is loaded but not configured else then standard) there are
> many difficulties since the BE throws php errors.

I didn't try it for 4.2, but DBAL and PostreSQL worked for me with 4.1
(except one minor issue). But a numer of TER extensions had to be
patched to make it work.

> So my opinion is: existing patches for dbal should go into 4.2.1 since a
> sysext is not working at all without.
>
> So conclusion: Who's working on dbal?

Well, Karsten is still the maintainer of the extension, but don't expect
anything but a few bugfixes for the future. I'm still interested in
helping out but seldom have the time for it.

> How can I support or how can we work together?

If you figured out a bug and fixed it, go the usual way: make a patch
(diff -u), file a bug report for it and post it on the Core list. If
you're unsure how to make the patch or want to discuss it firt post it here.

> And furthermore: How can it get into further releases? The
> BugTracker/CoreList procedure belongs to dbal to?

Yes, all sysext stuff goes there.

> I would like to use a "snapshot" dbal in my development, since I have to
> make it work. And for that, that my work on dbal can be used for further
> releases of dbal I would like to start at the current dev. version.

Why don't you use SVN for that.

 > And  we should not work with several persons on one thing.

Of course. Though the chance for DBAL is rather low, but aks Karsten if
he's currently fixing anything.

Masi