[TYPO3-dev] current usage of DBAL

Steffen Ritter info at rs-websystems.de
Sat Jun 7 09:45:43 CEST 2008

Hello list,
I just need to implement a situation where I'm forced to use DBAL.
I'm working with 4.2.1RC1.
First of all, if dbal installed in delivered configuration TYPO3 won't
work at all. But for this, a patch is present in bugtracker, which works
fine.
BUT in working with dbal (f.e. just installing extensions when dbal
extensions is loaded but not configured else then standard) there are
many difficulties since the BE throws php errors.

So my opinion is: existing patches for dbal should go into 4.2.1 since a
sysext is not working at all without.

So conclusion: Who's working on dbal?
How can I support or how can we work together?
And furthermore: How can it get into further releases? The
BugTracker/CoreList procedure belongs to dbal to?
I would like to use a "snapshot" dbal in my development, since I have to
make it work. And for that, that my work on dbal can be used for further
releases of dbal I would like to start at the current dev. version. And
we should not work with several persons on one thing.

greetings

Steffen