[TYPO3-dev] Bug/Feature request for t3lib_div::_GP (and alike)

Steffen Kamper steffen at sk-typo3.de
Fri Jun 6 20:13:51 CEST 2008

"Martin Kutschker" <martin.kutschker-no at spam-blackbox.net> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1212758716.22699.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...
> Franz Koch schrieb:
>>

> I'll try to answer the large part of your post later.
>
>> Besides of the TS-conditions, I currently don't see a benefit from
>> returning only _GET or _POST in t3lib_div::_GP although it's documented
>> like that. What was the initial idea behind this behavior? What's a real
>> life use case where exactly this behavior is needed and where the result
>> can't be a merged array from _GET and _POST? The overall result would be
>> the same, except that in some cases you get more sub-keys/values returned
>> and that multidimensional arrays get correctly processed.
>
> I have never needed that. My code uses usually either or (if not tied to
> POST for eg hidden fields). I see no point in having the same key (with
> different meanings?) in GET and POST. To me this looks only confusing.
>
> Masi

I think problem is:

Franz want to have $_REQUEST
but in this case it's not necessary Franz, because you look for a single
parameter/key/subkey

So if this subkey is in POST, you get the value, or not in POST but in GET
you get the value from there. You don't need complete array because you
don't process it

vg Steffen