[TYPO3-dev] Overloading Extension

Peter Russ peter.russ at 4many.net
Fri Jun 6 11:39:05 CEST 2008

--- Original Nachricht ---
Absender:   bernd wilke
Datum:       06.06.2008 00:56:
> on Thu, 05 Jun 2008 21:30:23 +0200, Peter Russ wrote:

I would, if there would be the right one..

> what do you mean with 'static' extension?

We use "static" for extenstions that doesn't have to be adjusted sitting
either in global or local. That the reason why we call them static.

> I know global and local.
>
> and what about multiple 'installations' in 'one TYPO3'?
different customers in one TYPO3

> I know these different usages:
>
> one folder-tree with the typo3-source (and global extensions) which is
> linked into different installations with their own local extensions,
> their own database, their own directories fileadmin/, uploads/,
> typo3conf/ ...

that's default ;-)

> then you can have multiple domains in one installation. These domains can
> have differnt page-trees but share one TYPO3-Installation in this way:
> they have the same database, the same directories and as the same
> typo3conf-dir the same local extensions. The domains are separated by
> domain-records which lead a visitor to different pages in the TYPO3-page-
> tree.

Old stuff but well used ;-)

> as on different pages you can also differentiate the typoscript by
> conditions querying the domains.
> using these mechanisms you should not get any cache-problems as each
> typoscript-condition gets its own cache-version of a page.

condition is not an option as there is no way to place a condition
within a condition.

So we found a other solution, but have "overhead" or code redundancy. So
as for now it's working, but perhaps we can find a "lighter" solution.

what we are doing now:
in the templates of the different domain, we include different
contants.txt and setup.txt. The only thing they differ are the files
included.

example:
Domain 1:
<INCLUDE_TYPOSCRIPT:
source="FILE:EXT:arjuna_voyager/templates/typoscript/mainMenu.txt">
<INCLUDE_TYPOSCRIPT:
source="FILE:EXT:arjuna_voyagerlocal/templates/typoscript/mainMenu.txt">
<INCLUDE_TYPOSCRIPT:
source="FILE:EXT:arjuna_voyager/templates/typoscript/leftRecursive.txt">
<INCLUDE_TYPOSCRIPT:
source="FILE:EXT:arjuna_voyagerlocal/templates/typoscript/leftRecursive.txt">

Domain 2:
<INCLUDE_TYPOSCRIPT:
source="FILE:EXT:arjuna_voyager/templates/typoscript/mainMenu.txt">
<INCLUDE_TYPOSCRIPT:
source="FILE:EXT:arjuna_voyagerlocal_bse/templates/typoscript/mainMenu.txt">
<INCLUDE_TYPOSCRIPT:
source="FILE:EXT:arjuna_voyager/templates/typoscript/leftRecursive.txt">
<INCLUDE_TYPOSCRIPT:
source="FILE:EXT:arjuna_voyagerlocal_bse/templates/typoscript/leftRecursive.txt">

As you see, we can't work with conditions as there would be no condition
allowed within the include.

So we have to thing more to find a solution that reduces the overhead
and gives a flexible solution.

Peter.

--
Fiat lux!