[TYPO3-dev] Overloading Extension

bernd wilke xoonsji02 at sneakemail.com
Fri Jun 6 00:56:01 CEST 2008

on Thu, 05 Jun 2008 21:30:23 +0200, Peter Russ wrote:

> [...]

just for clearance: can you use the TYPO3-vocabulary?

what do you mean with 'static' extension?

I know global and local.

and what about multiple 'installations' in 'one TYPO3'?

I know these different usages:

one folder-tree with the typo3-source (and global extensions) which is
linked into different installations with their own local extensions,
their own database, their own directories fileadmin/, uploads/,
typo3conf/ ...

then you can have multiple domains in one installation. These domains can
have differnt page-trees but share one TYPO3-Installation in this way:
they have the same database, the same directories and as the same
typo3conf-dir the same local extensions. The domains are separated by
domain-records which lead a visitor to different pages in the TYPO3-page-
tree.
as on different pages you can also differentiate the typoscript by
conditions querying the domains.
using these mechanisms you should not get any cache-problems as each
typoscript-condition gets its own cache-version of a page.

bernd