[TYPO3-dev] Call tt_news plugin from my created extension?

Brian Bendtsen bb at bellevuevej.dk
Wed Jun 4 14:21:56 CEST 2008

Brian Bendtsen skrev:
> Hi
>
> Im creating my own extension where it is possible to relate news from
> the tt_news extension to my created table.
>
> I would like to, not just fetch the related news data from the tt_news
> table, but also be able to use the tt_news plugin from my extension.
>
> Its hard to explain, but I want to be able to call the tt_news plugin
> from within the php code of my own extension and thereby be able to use
> the excellent features of the tt_news plugin, but without inserting the
> tt_news plugin on a page.
>
> Does it make sense and if so, can you help?
>
> /Brian

Maybe I should try another way, where I only use typoscript:

I have a template with a marker called ###TT_NEWS_PLUGIN###

 From my php code I try something like this:

$markerArray['###TT_NEWS_PLUGIN###'] = $conf['insertnews'];

and in my ts setup for the current page I have inserted this:

plugin.tt_news {
  templateFile =
fileadmin/templates/extensions/tt_news/tt_news_latest_small.html
  code = LATEST
  latestLimit = 2
  pid_list = 248
}

plugin.tx_myplugin_pi1.newsmarker < plugin.tt_news

But the output is "USER".

Any hints?

/Brian