[TYPO3-dev] Ruby SOAP client for TER

Steffen Kamper steffen at sk-typo3.de
Tue Jun 3 09:15:11 CEST 2008

"Christoph Koehler" <christoph.koehler at gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1212463912.1343.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...
> Hello,
>
> Trying to build a SOAP client to talk to TER. I don't know much about
> SOAP, but something seems wrong. I can't even create a SOAP Driver
> with this URL: <http://typo3.org/wsdl/tx_ter_wsdl.php.>My Ruby:
>
> wsdl_url = "<http://typo3.org/wsdl/tx_ter_wsdl.php>"
> soap = SOAP::WSDLDriverFactory.new(wsdl_url).create_rpc_driver
>
> Doing this:
>
> s = SOAP::RPC::Driver.new(wsdl_url)
> s.add_method("ping", "text")
>
> p s.ping("ping")
>
> Just returns the standard XML I would get pointing my browser to that
> URL.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Christoph

Hi Christoph,

i don't know any RUBY, but you should compare that with the way php does.

switch ($this->options['implementation']) {
   case 'nusoap':
    $this->client =& new soapclient($this->options['wsdl'], true);
    $this->client->getProxy();
    break;
   case 'pearsoap':
    $this->client =& new SOAP_Client($this->options['wsdl'], true);
    break;
   case 'phpsoap':
    $this->client =& new
SoapClient($options['wsdl'],(array)$options['soapoptions']);
    break;
   default:
    $this->client = false;
  }

then you should get the methods available and eg do an authentification.

vg Steffen