[TYPO3-dev] Moving Workspace code into a separate system extension

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-no at spam-blackbox.net
Mon Jun 2 16:12:39 CEST 2008

Ingo Renner schrieb:

> There're magic numbers all over the place. Those have to be consolidated
> first. Next thing is that the current IDs for the stages are like follows:
>
> -1: Rejected
> 0: Editing
> 1: Review
> 10: Publish
>
> When implementing custom stages we need to turn 1 and 10 into negative
> numbers first as custom stages would be represented by records and would
> thus have positive numbers.

Not necessarily. Custom stages could get numbers starting from 100. This
works if you add some additional field that defines the order of the
stages. Extra information could also make some stages optional or you
could have branches. That means for some reason you could go from one
stage to different stages depending on a condition (page tree, user,
user group, etc).

There have also been works in that area. At least sojme research. Maybe
you want to contact the folks first (send me a PM for details).

> For the UI part:
> As the workspace module represents part of the page tree I wondered
> whether it wouldn't be better to move it under the web module
> (Web->Workspaces). It would then automatically have a page tree. Also
> the tree already highlights pages that have been changed in a workspace.
> With the page tree you could then also add a clickmenu entry called
> "publish" or the like which could publish a whole (sub) branch.

You noticed yoursefl that a WS change may affect the list of available
modules.

Masi