[TYPO3-dev] Moving Workspace code into a separate system extension

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Mon Jun 2 09:05:16 CEST 2008

Benjamin Mack wrote:

Hi Benni,

> ===============================
>
> If the rest of the core team thinks it's a good idea and if you can do
> it without touching critical parts in terms of security and how
> workspaces work (that means, if you touch only UI stuff), then I'm fine
> with this.
>
> - kasper
> ===============================
>

> Is that what you had in mind as well, Ingo?

part of it.

A major new feature would be to have custom stages (and custom order of
stages). Unfortunately there are some obstacles:

There're magic numbers all over the place. Those have to be consolidated
first. Next thing is that the current IDs for the stages are like follows:

-1: Rejected
0: Editing
1: Review
10: Publish

When implementing custom stages we need to turn 1 and 10 into negative
numbers first as custom stages would be represented by records and would
thus have positive numbers.

For the UI part:
As the workspace module represents part of the page tree I wondered
whether it wouldn't be better to move it under the web module
(Web->Workspaces). It would then automatically have a page tree. Also
the tree already highlights pages that have been changed in a workspace.
With the page tree you could then also add a clickmenu entry called
"publish" or the like which could publish a whole (sub) branch.

makes sense?
Ingo

--
Ingo Renner