[TYPO3-dev] Safe memory limit

Steffen Ritter info at rs-websystems.de
Sun Jun 1 12:48:24 CEST 2008

Hello,
in times of Gigabytes of RAM i think it's not very much. Shure it could
be less, but it is, if cached.
So I'm using Typo3 in shared hosting as well as on own servers. In
shared hosting I set the memory limit to 70MB by install tool, which
works fine for me. But as I have been told, 48MB will work too.

And as you said it gets worse: I don't know if this is true. In fact I
feeled like speeding up the basic installation of 4.2 against 4.1.
And the more data you have to be processed the more memory will be used.

Look at Extension-List for example.
Extension list contains very many Entrys. I had a very restrictive
script runtime which worked fine, until we reached the limit of 1100
Extensions or so. Then the number of Entries at xml was to big to be
processed within this time (since every version of every extension is
listed). I had to increase, what - imho - is not a "typo3 gets worse"
because its needed for doing more.

kind regards

Steffen