[TYPO3-dev] list module hangs at 1 million records

Franz Holzinger franz at fholzinger.com
Wed Jul 23 08:21:26 CEST 2008

ries van Twisk a écrit :
> hey Franz,
>
> properly your mayor problem is the order by.
>
> Can you try this??
>
> SELECT * FROM table WHERE pid=1 AND deleted=0 LIMIT 21,20;
>
> it should be (a lot) faster then the one with a order by.
Yes, indeed.
 0.1097 sec.
But this is with additional index:
 deleted  	 INDEX  	 1   	 deleted

 0.0014 sec
This is after the deletion of the index deleted. This is strangly much
faster than with the index.

Here is the normal SQL query in phpMyAdmin:

Affichage des enregistrements 0 - 29 (1665226 total, traitement: 0.0014
sec.)

> Now I don't know the list module very well, but I believe it can sort by
> crdate and with the sorting field.
>
> Now try this:
>
> select crdate FROM largetable group by crdate; -- Let me how may records
> you get

Affichage des enregistrements 0 - 29 (31353 total, traitement: 4.5455 sec.)

31353 records.
> select sorting FROM largetable group by sorting; -- Let me how may
> records you get

Affichage des enregistrements 0 - 0 (1 total, traitement: 4.2275 sec.)

1 record.

Franz