[TYPO3-dev] list module hangs at 1 million records

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Tue Jul 22 22:04:08 CEST 2008

Hi!

Franz Holzinger wrote:
> I have 22 tables with about 1 million records for each of them. And
> there additionally many mm tables with also 1 million records for each.
>
> So I have moved 1 million records by changing the pid to 1 to page below
> the root page using phpMyAdmin. This gets shown now after some time of
> that 20 records are displayed and you must sequentially browse to the
> other million.

A quick question: how long does it take to run a query on such a long table with "WHERE pid=1 AND deleted=0 ORDER BY crdate DESC LIMIT 21,20"? May be [missing] indexes is a problem? Try adding composite index on pid and sorting column (sorting column last!) and see if it helps.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 Core team