[TYPO3-dev] Extensions and JS-frameworks

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Thu Jul 17 15:54:10 CEST 2008

Thorsten Kahler [dkd] schrieb:

>> * The extension might implement some kind of wrapper. Changes to that
>> glue code should be reflected in the extension own version.
>
> Sorry, I don't exactly understand where your're pointing at.

I have no JS example, but let's take Smarty. Smarty has it's own
numbering. There are extensions that do more than contain the "raw"
Smarty code. They add some code to easy intergration from a TYPO3
extension (eg by using an extended base class instead of Smarty's base
class). They could (and do) add some extra stuff for tighter TYPO3
integration.

Now we have to version numbers: Smarty's and the TYPO3 extensions' (the
glue code).

Masi