[TYPO3-dev] Extensions and JS-frameworks

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Thu Jul 17 10:52:53 CEST 2008

Thorsten Kahler [dkd] schrieb:
> - use the version of the library as extension version

I don't think that this is clever:

* A library may have a different numbering scheme than the EM expects
for TYPO3 extensions .

* The extension might implement some kind of wrapper. Changes to that
glue code should be reflected in the extension own version.

So I think it makes more sense to change the EM config so that an
extension reports which 3rd party lib it includes and which version this
is is.

Alternatively we may demand that 3rd party libs are shipped always in
their own extension and *any* additional code has to be shipped in
another extension. But this also means eg that there has to one
Smarty/phpMyAdmin/AWstats extension without any TYPO3 glue. And another
one with addons on UI. This way you can separate the version of the lib
from the version of the intergratiion code.

Masi