[TYPO3-dev] Spamfilter-Service

Peter Guhl peter.guhl at win-lux.ch
Wed Jul 16 14:51:19 CEST 2008

Hi

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] schrieb:
> Currently it is like this:
> - zero - not spam, post it immediately
> - non-zero but less than cut off score - spam and notification sent to admin for approval
> - non-zero and equals or more than cut off point - drop comment and do not notify admin

That would definitely need some adjustment of anything spamprobe can
give you. Currently an empty text results in a score of exactly
0.500000. The level where spamprobe itself is classyfing it as "SPAM" is
normally at 0.7.

I think it's better not to do that all in the API since anything I do
there is good for some and bad for others. Even more since I am a fan of
"aggregators" like Spamassassin or the extension spamdetection which
combine different sources. It's always possible that a rule has got bugs
or a bayes-filter gets poisoned (like those DNS-Blacklists some still
think they are good enough to block mails based on just one of them).

Regards
    Peter