[TYPO3-dev] Spamfilter-Service

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Wed Jul 16 10:12:19 CEST 2008

Hi!

Peter Guhl wrote:
> Now... how should I achieve that... I get points from 0.00000000 to
> 0.99999999. Harmless text range around 0.5 or a bit above. If I
> "normalize" that to 1..10 I get points a bit higher than spamassassin
> (From what I know there score 3 is normally SPAM, above 10 it's always).

If your filter thinks it is not spam, just return zero. Otherwise, the more "spamy" it is - the more points.

> No matter what I do; the behaviour will be different from Spamassassin.

Spamassassin is just an example, there is no need to follow its behavior precisely.

>> There is also a concept of "cut off" point (obtainable from
>> $pObj->conf['spamProtect.']['spamCutOffPoint']). If you supply a
>> number more than this point, comment will silently dropped.
>>
> If you work with score you need that, of course.

Currently it is like this:
- zero - not spam, post it immediately
- non-zero but less than cut off score - spam and notification sent to admin for approval
- non-zero and equals or more than cut off point - drop comment and do not notify admin

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 Core team