[TYPO3-dev] New flexform featur

Steffen Kamper steffen at sk-typo3.de
Sun Jul 13 21:23:26 CEST 2008

Martin Kutschker schrieb:
> Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] schrieb:
>> Hi!
>>
>> Martin Kutschker wrote:
>> Yes, this is a missing feature that would be great to have.
>>
>>> Hm, are now ff-fields unique within the complete ff or not? As us
>>> usually have to address them via the sheet name (which is IMHO a bad
>>> thing) I fear it has to be
>>>
>>> TCAdefaults.tt_content.pi_flexform.mySheet.myField = xyz
>> Also sections :)
>> TCAdefaults.tt_content.pi_flexform.mySheet.mySection.myContainer.myAnotherContainer.myField
>> = 1
>
> Sections? Oops, where does that come from? All the little pi flexforms
> have none, or do they? The "standard" ff  and their API in pibase don't
> talk about them.
>
> Anyway Steffen ad I want that a fieldname is unique within the full
> flexform so sections and containers shouldn't be addressed.
>
> But obviously I haven't used the whole power of flexforms yet.
>
>> What about language? That should be also taken into account,s o the
>> above may become:
>> TCAdefaults.tt_content.pi_flexform.mySheet.mySection.myContainer.myAnotherContainer.myField.lDE
>> = 1
>
> Nice to have, but you don't have this for normal fields, so no strict
> requirement.
>
> Masi

hehe - that was a question i had sometimes before. This section-feature
is still an undocumented feature that Kasper described in a video and
Patrick used in pbsurvay. I really would like to have that documented.

Havin sections is equivalent to arrays, so it should be no problem to
adress them with array key.
This has no influence to the mentioned uniquness of field names in
flexforms.

vg Steffen