[TYPO3-dev] New flexform featur

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Sun Jul 13 20:24:47 CEST 2008

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] schrieb:
> Hi!
>
> Martin Kutschker wrote:
>> Steffen Kamper schrieb:
>>> i would like to hear your opinion.
>>> 1) There is no official way to set default values for flexform vars via
>>> pageTS. I would like to have this feature. Possible syntax could be
>>> TCAdefaults.tt_content.pi_flexform.myVar = xyz
>
> Yes, this is a missing feature that would be great to have.
>
>> Hm, are now ff-fields unique within the complete ff or not? As us
>> usually have to address them via the sheet name (which is IMHO a bad
>> thing) I fear it has to be
>>
>> TCAdefaults.tt_content.pi_flexform.mySheet.myField = xyz
>
> Also sections :)
> TCAdefaults.tt_content.pi_flexform.mySheet.mySection.myContainer.myAnotherContainer.myField
> = 1

Sections? Oops, where does that come from? All the little pi flexforms
have none, or do they? The "standard" ff  and their API in pibase don't
talk about them.

Anyway Steffen ad I want that a fieldname is unique within the full
flexform so sections and containers shouldn't be addressed.

But obviously I haven't used the whole power of flexforms yet.

> What about language? That should be also taken into account,s o the
> above may become:
> TCAdefaults.tt_content.pi_flexform.mySheet.mySection.myContainer.myAnotherContainer.myField.lDE
> = 1

Nice to have, but you don't have this for normal fields, so no strict
requirement.

Masi