[TYPO3-dev] New flexform featur

Steffen Kamper steffen at sk-typo3.de
Sun Jul 13 20:05:38 CEST 2008

Hi Dmitry,

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] schrieb:
> Hi!
>
> Martin Kutschker wrote:
>> Steffen Kamper schrieb:
>>> i would like to hear your opinion.
>>> 1) There is no official way to set default values for flexform vars via
>>> pageTS. I would like to have this feature. Possible syntax could be
>>> TCAdefaults.tt_content.pi_flexform.myVar = xyz
>
> Yes, this is a missing feature that would be great to have.
>
>> Hm, are now ff-fields unique within the complete ff or not? As us
>> usually have to address them via the sheet name (which is IMHO a bad
>> thing) I fear it has to be
>>
>> TCAdefaults.tt_content.pi_flexform.mySheet.myField = xyz
>
> Also sections :)
> TCAdefaults.tt_content.pi_flexform.mySheet.mySection.myContainer.myAnotherContainer.myField
> = 1
>
> What about language? That should be also taken into account,s o the
> above may become:
> TCAdefaults.tt_content.pi_flexform.mySheet.mySection.myContainer.myAnotherContainer.myField.lDE
> = 1

:o this sounds very complex, and i fear that only extension author is
able to set these default right :)

But you're right that all hve to be taken in account, but it would be
helpful to find a more userfriendly way.

btw - the language handling in flexform is quite a mystery for me.
Mostly in flexforms lang-handling is disabled to supress multiple flexforms.
Should lang handling used in conditions as usual?
[globalVar = GP:L = 2]...[end]

>> Sadly you cannot do anything with ff via TS :-(
>>
>> I think that in the XML the usual excludeField property should be used.
>> The only difference would be that you have to enable this field by
>> userTS.
>
> There is an idea around to modify stdWrap's getData to enable
> {field:pi_flexform:field_myfield}. But this idea is not implemented due
> to problems with sheets sections and containers in flexforms.

this can be really expensive because flexform-xml has to be read into
array for each.

vg Steffen