[TYPO3-dev] New flexform featur

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Sun Jul 13 19:38:53 CEST 2008

Hi!

Martin Kutschker wrote:
> Steffen Kamper schrieb:
>> i would like to hear your opinion.
>> 1) There is no official way to set default values for flexform vars via
>> pageTS. I would like to have this feature. Possible syntax could be
>> TCAdefaults.tt_content.pi_flexform.myVar = xyz

Yes, this is a missing feature that would be great to have.

> Hm, are now ff-fields unique within the complete ff or not? As us
> usually have to address them via the sheet name (which is IMHO a bad
> thing) I fear it has to be
>
> TCAdefaults.tt_content.pi_flexform.mySheet.myField = xyz

Also sections :)

TCAdefaults.tt_content.pi_flexform.mySheet.mySection.myContainer.myAnotherContainer.myField = 1

What about language? That should be also taken into account,s o the above may become:
TCAdefaults.tt_content.pi_flexform.mySheet.mySection.myContainer.myAnotherContainer.myField.lDE = 1

> Sadly you cannot do anything with ff via TS :-(
>
> I think that in the XML the usual excludeField property should be used.
> The only difference would be that you have to enable this field by userTS.

There is an idea around to modify stdWrap's getData to enable {field:pi_flexform:field_myfield}. But this idea is not implemented due to problems with sheets sections and containers in flexforms.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 Core team