[TYPO3-dev] New opportunities with sponsored projects

Stig Nørgaard Færch stig at 8620.dk
Tue Jul 8 13:14:21 CEST 2008

It doesn't seem like that there is much progress collecting money for
these projects. (unless the page isn't updated?)
http://typo3.org/development/sponsoring/list-of-sponsored-projects/

I don't think it's because that the community don't want to support
these projects. But I guess that that many people only want to pay if
the project actually gets started, - or they can get their money back if
the project will not get started because of insufficient money.

If there is no real progress in the near future, I suggest to consider
fundable.com.
Here we can start collections for each project.
Each project will have a goal amount.
There will be a deadline for collections for each project.
People can make a pledge with an amount they choose themselves.
If the goal isn't reached before the deadline, noone pays anything.
If the goal is reached before the deadline, all the pledges are transfered.

The downside:
A 10% fee is taken from the totals.
But isn't it better to pay this fee, than the project not being realized
at all?

Just my thoughts...

/Stig