[TYPO3-dev] New opportunities with sponsored projects

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Tue Jul 1 13:17:35 CEST 2008

Dear Developers,

As you saw if you also subscribe to the Announce list, we just launched
today the first sponsored projects. If you don't know what we're talking
about, you can catch up with the news posted on news.typo3.org.
Basically sponsored projects are Core TYPO3 v4 projects with
well-defined goals for which we will try to raise in money in order to
actually pay the developers for their work. This form of support should
help accelerate the development of TYPO3.

The best thing is that you can be part of this. Sponsored projects aim
for a greater involvement of the community. Refer to [1] for more
information. See also [2] for a more personal view of how you can
participate in sponsored projects and what you can gain from them.

So reach for your wallet! Alternately if you prefer getting your hands
dirty there are currently two open positions, both for the New FORM
project. We are looking for a developer who would also act as backup
project leader to Patrick Broens and an additional reviewer. Please
refer to [3] for more details.

We hope you will find these opportunities as exciting as we do.

--

Francois Suter (francois at typo3.org)
TYPO3 v4 Sponsorship Manager

[1] http://typo3.org/sponsoring/