[TYPO3-dev] order of rendering of plugins

Oliver Hader oh at inpublica.de
Wed Jan 30 13:43:31 CET 2008

Hi Stefano,

stefano cecere schrieb:
> since the TS setup is an ordered array...
>
> if i put:
>
> 10 < plugin.pi1
> 20 < plugin.pi2
>
> and then the output
>
> ###PLUGIN_pi2###
> ###PLUGIN_pi1###
>
> why is pi2 called first?
> can't typo3 use the TS array order to call plugins?
>
> (i tried with all caching possibilities of the TEMPLATE object, to put
> pi2 and INT non cached, but nothing)
>
> any other hint?

I guess you've something like the following:
10 = COA
10 {
   10 < plugin.tx_blah_pi1 (maybe USER_INT)
   20 < plugin.tx_blah_pi2 (maybe USER)
}

If the pi1 is an USER_INT (or *_INT) it will be executed after pi2.
Except the *_INT case, the order of numeric keys will be used in
general. Thus, also when you have a TypoScript like that:

10 = COA
10.30 = TEXT
10.20 = TEXT
10.40 = TEXT
10.10 = TEXT

-> Order will be 10,20,30,40 - t3lib_TStemplate::sortedKeyList takes
care about this order and is executed on the TypoScript several time in
tslib_cObj.

olly
--
Oliver Hader