[TYPO3-dev] Shortcut Manager - icons...

Stig Nørgaard Færch stig at 8620.dk
Wed Jan 23 16:21:55 CET 2008

Ingo Renner skrev:
> Stig Nørgaard Færch wrote:
>
> Hi Stig,
>
>> I think it would be nice if the icons in the new shortcut menu
>> reflected the actual record type.
>> So if you have news category record, you get the news category icon
>> instead of the pencil icon currently used.
>
> sure, that'd be great!
>
>> Also I have thought about somehow distinguishing between creating a
>> new record and editing an old record. Maybe through what text is added
>> for the shortcut.
>
> I do not quite understand this part though. Can you explain this in more
> detail please?

Well... you can:
1) Open an already existing record, and then create a shortcut to that one.
2) You can also create a new record, and create a new shortcut to that
blank record page.

So the second one will be like a new record shortcut(created on the
specific chosen page).

What I want, is to be able to distinguish between the two.
Either by using the 'new record' icon, or by a different text for the
shortcut.
But if we use the 'new record' icon, then the icon will not represent
the 'record type', unless we will use both the 'record type' icon and
the 'new record' icon. But I don't think that will look very nice.

/Stig