[TYPO3-dev] TYPO3 4.2 Alpha3: Pagetree filter

Benjamin Mack mack at xnos.org
Fri Jan 18 16:32:47 CET 2008

Hey Ben,

First of all, I want to make this thing nicer, then add extra
functionality since there was no concens in the dev list last month to
remove that thing completely (which was my proposal). I still don't see
the big advantage in that thing yet.

Don't know if I am able to add good functionality to this filter box in
the next two weeks before the feature freeze. This could really take
some time to make it really useful and good.

Some more thoughts on the pagetree:

* I want that something happens if I press "enter" (like - showing the
first record)
* I also would like to have "expand all" / "collapse all" buttons in the
top bar (similar to the new installer). This would be really cool I
guess. The backend functionality is already in one extension, so it
would be not too hard to merge this feature in the core.

Plus your thoughts:
* When doing AJAX search, a minimum of three characters would be quite cool
* It should of course search through ALL pages, and expand the branch if
something was found.

Anyone interested in taking this project until 4.2beta1? I could surely
foster it.

--
greetings,
benni.