[TYPO3-dev] TYPO3 4.2 Alpha3: Pagetree filter

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Fri Jan 18 15:50:40 CET 2008

Hi Ben,

"ben van 't ende [netcreators]" <ben at netcreators.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1200667273.20940.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...
> Hey,
>
> I was glad to see the filter box looks so nice now, but I have some doubts
> about
> the functionality. When the page tree is collapsed it does not work, also
> not
> for parts of the collapsed tree. It sounds most logical to me that parts
> expand
> when entered in the filter box. This ofcourse poses a problem when you
> just
> enter one character. Patrick suggests to only activate the ajax search
> when
> entered at least three characters. There should at least be the
> possibility to
> expand / collapse the pagetree as featured in pagetreetools.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> gRTz
>
> ben
> --

i contacted the author of pagetreetools and they want to fix it, because it
doesn't work with last version. May be this can be integrated as sysext
because it's so useful.

The search box was often discussed and imho a real ajax search will be
included in next time (olly or benni  are the right guys for this task :-)
I propose a configurable value of chars when search will start (may be i
want to see all pages start with char N)

vg  Steffen