[TYPO3-dev] caching and start-/endtime of content element

Patrick Gaumond patrick at typo3quebec.org
Wed Jan 16 17:25:00 CET 2008

Thomas Mammitzsch wrote:

> If the page is viewed after the defined startdate the content is not
> shown, although it should. After clearing the cache, the content is
> shown. Shouldn't the time setting receive attention when typo decides to
> render the page or just deliver the cached page?
>
> I didn't use that start/enddates before because i didn't need it. So i
> don't know if that is the "normal way" typo handles this. If you can
> confirm that this is a bug, i would report it to the bug database.

Buzz and Ron are your friends:

http://buzz.typo3.org/people/ron-hall/article/making-sure-content-elements-show-and-hide-at-the-proper-time/

Oh well, reading Julle comment in the post a year ago make me wonder if
it will ever happen. Maybe he had unresolved problem... Ron's trick is
still a possible answer to part of your problem...

Patrick