[TYPO3-dev] caching and start-/endtime of content element

ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Wed Jan 16 15:31:14 CET 2008

On Jan 16, 2008, at 9:21 AM, Thomas Mammitzsch wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> i discovered an odd behaviour (at least it looks like this for me).
> If a content element is set to show only after a certain
> startdate-/time, the content element is hidden immidiately in the
> frontend. That is ok, cache is cleared on saving the record.
>
> If the page is viewed after the defined startdate the content is not
> shown, although it should. After clearing the cache, the content is
> shown. Shouldn't the time setting receive attention when typo
> decides to
> render the page or just deliver the cached page?
>
> I didn't use that start/enddates before because i didn't need it. So i
> don't know if that is the "normal way" typo handles this. If you can
> confirm that this is a bug, i would report it to the bug database.
>
> regars, Thomas

I think this was reported already one day,
indeed when typo3 retrieves a page from cache, it will
not look for any content record that might show(not show up
during the process.

Best thing you can do is setup a cache clearing small enough
that suites your needs (for example per hour instead of per day).

Ries

--
Ries van Twisk
Freelance TYPO3 Developer