[TYPO3-dev] Why frontend editing related file has been changed?

Tapio Markula tapio.markula at xetpoint.fi
Tue Jan 15 13:15:25 CET 2008

Hi

I got in the  core list concern /typo3/systext/cms/tslib/index_ts.php

older versions frontend editing sfuff was here

             $BE_USER->extInitFeAdmin();
             if ($BE_USER->extAdmEnabled) {
// frontend editing here

in new file later

// Frontend editing
if ($TSFE->beUserLogin && $BE_USER->extAdmEnabled) {

"This has been moved because some other things didn't work with FE
editing with the old way. AFAIR Michael Stucki did the change."

But I didn't get answer what didn't work in the old way. The new makes
some plugins, which extends frontend editing non-functional.