[TYPO3-dev] Custom Maintenance Pages

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net
Sun Jan 13 21:51:23 CET 2008

Ingmar Schlecht schrieb:
> Hi guys,
>
> Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] wrote:
>> Jeff Segars wrote:
>>> One area I'm not as sure about is the "Page Is Being Generated"
>>> message. I can see how a custom page might be nice here too, but its
>>> definitely a page that needs to be refreshed automatically and making
>>> it completely custom HTML opens up the possibility that it doesn't get
>>> refresh.
>>
>> If I remember correctly this page is created before template is ready.
>> If it is true and I am not mistaken, it means you cannot have
>> localization or anu other TYPO3 feature for this page.
>
> Right.
>
>> Normally this page should never be seen. If it does, it means
>> something went wrong: segfault in Apache, etc. This message is never
>> shown under normal conditions.
>
> Not quite. The page is also displayed under normal circumstances if two
> people hit the page at nearly the same time.
>
> It then goes like this:
> - User 1 hits the page
>   -> A flag indicating that the page is now being generated is stored to
>      the cache
>   -> Page generation is started
> - User 2 hits the page
>   -> It is checked whether the page is alreay in the cache, but only the
>      page is being generated flag is returned
>   -> Page is being generated message is output, with 30 sec refresh time
> - In the mean time the page generation triggered by User 1 is ready and
>   written to the cache -> Content is output to User 1
> - After the 30 seconds User 2 tries to refresh and now gets the real
>   page from the cache -> Content is output to him (User 2)

Sorry for hijacking, but I have a problem on a newly deployed site that
revolves around this behaviour. Despite super-low traffic the 30 sec.
error pops up again and again for no apparently reason. You get the
error every 5 clicks in the FE although you're alone on the server (I
know because it's during development).

System: PHP5, Windows, IIS and an untuned Mysql.

Any ideas?

Masi