[TYPO3-dev] Custom Maintenance Pages

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Sun Jan 13 10:10:09 CET 2008

Hi!

Jeff Segars wrote:
> One area I'm not as sure about is the "Page Is Being Generated"
> message. I can see how a custom page might be nice here too, but its
> definitely a page that needs to be refreshed automatically and making
> it completely custom HTML opens up the possibility that it doesn't get
> refresh.

If I remember correctly this page is created before template is ready. If it is true and I am not mistaken, it means you cannot have localization or anu other TYPO3 feature for this page.

Normally this page should never be seen. If it does, it means something went wrong: segfault in Apache, etc. This message is never shown under normal conditions.

If you change this area you should really careful watch for cache work. This message is a part of [non-trivial] cache logic and can be easily broken.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team