[TYPO3-dev] Re: [TYPO3] Call for problems: MySQL 5 in TYPO3

Steffen Müller typo3 at t3node.com
Fri Jan 11 16:28:18 CET 2008

On 24.12.2007 17:07 Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> (This is a cross-post to "english" and "dev" lists. I decided to make a
> cross-post because this topic is important)
>
> I make myself a new server. It is going to use MySQL 5. I remember that
> TYPO3 have problems with MySQL 5. If you experienced any, tell me about
> them in this thread (preferable in "dev" list!) and I will try to fix
> them until release of 4.2.

Hi Dmitry!

To quickly resume what Stucki already pointed out:
MySQL strict mode postulates to have a DEFAULT value for each column
having set NOT NULL (sounds logic, doesn_t it?).
Since BLOB and TEXT (incl. subtypes like TINYTEXT, LONGBLOB etc.)
columns cannot have DEFAULT values, NOT NULL is not an option here.

Solution: remove NOT NULL from BLOB/TEXT columns of core and sysext.

see also:
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/data-type-defaults.html

--
cheers,