[TYPO3-dev] TYPO3 Wizards

Steffen Kamper steffen at sk-typo3.de
Thu Jan 10 13:05:54 CET 2008

"Benjamin Mack" <mack at xnos.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.2777.1199965983.5304.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...
> Hey Steffen,
>
> I encourge this effort. I think it's good to put the wizards (which are
> surely not part of the -required- code of the core) in a sysext (although
> this should be .
> Also, in long terms, this would help us clean the typo3/ directory even
> more :-).
>
> A question would be, how we could keep the backwards compatibility.
>
> What about this:
>
> - "typo3/wizard_forms.php" could look like
>
> header('Location: sysext/wizards/forms.php');
>
> The file itself would be set to be "deprecated since 4.2, remove in 4.4".
>
> And the forms.php could include the existing code. The problem will be
> with the existing XCLASSes.
>
> So it would be cool, that if we can find a way (in general) to move
> classes to other places and still have XLCASSing for the old location and
> the new location available). I think if we have a solution for this, it
> should be a very good action to do, otherwise it would really break a lot
> of things.
>
> --

Wizards are normally added by TCA. In case of table wizard it is added in
CMS and using
'script' => 'wizard_forms.php?special=formtype_mail',

I don't see any other kinds of manual linking to a wizard.

Class name could be the same (SC_wizard_table) so any extension will still
work.
For xclassing the same array could be used, independent from the physical
path
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS[TYPO3_MODE]['XCLASS']['typo3/wizard_table.php']

So i don't see a great problem with breaking existing solutions.

btw - who knows any existing solution of xclassing wizards? I have never
seen any.

vg  Steffen