[TYPO3-dev] TYPO3 Wizards

Benjamin Mack mack at xnos.org
Thu Jan 10 12:52:48 CET 2008

Hey Steffen,

I encourge this effort. I think it's good to put the wizards (which are
surely not part of the -required- code of the core) in a sysext
(although this should be .
Also, in long terms, this would help us clean the typo3/ directory even
more :-).

A question would be, how we could keep the backwards compatibility.

What about this:

- "typo3/wizard_forms.php" could look like

header('Location: sysext/wizards/forms.php');

The file itself would be set to be "deprecated since 4.2, remove in 4.4".

And the forms.php could include the existing code. The problem will be
with the existing XCLASSes.

So it would be cool, that if we can find a way (in general) to move
classes to other places and still have XLCASSing for the old location
and the new location available). I think if we have a solution for this,
it should be a very good action to do, otherwise it would really break a
lot of things.

--
greetings,
benni.