[TYPO3-dev] Improvements to standard Table Element

Steffen Kamper steffen at sk-typo3.de
Fri Jan 4 22:37:17 CET 2008

"Daniel Pötzinger" <poetzinger at nospam.ded> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1199465842.30924.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...
> Hello
>
> The standard table elements are good to use for building predefined
> tables. (The default output has good classes like "last-row" etc.)
>
> I miss the feature to make colspans (and rowspans)
>

> Maybe we can use some extra syntax at the beginning of a row.
>
> Two ideas:
>
> 1) use some syntax like: {colspan,rowspan,some more instuctions..)
> + easy to develop
> + easy to extend
> - the wizard wont like it
>
> e.g.
>
> text | text | text
> {2}text | text
> {3}text
>
> 2) Use "<" for colspan  and "^" for rowspan
> + dont break the current wizard and
> + is a bit more visual
>
> e.g.:
>
> text | text | text
> text |<     | text
> text |<     | <
>

> text | text | text
> text |^     | text
> text |^     | text
>

> What do you think?

Hi,

I like the idea, but adding such syntax it seems to be same difficult level
for editors than doing it in HTML.
So i would recommend doing this with the wizard - the wizard in rte does it,
mark cells and join them.

Of coarse additional syntax for manual creating / wizard output has to be
created. I would propose a readable syntax

text|{colspan:2}text2
text|text|{rowspan:2}{class:red}text
text|text

vg  Steffen