[TYPO3-dev] Datetime bug in 4.2

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Fri Feb 22 14:51:14 CET 2008

Martin Kutschker schrieb:
> Steffen Kamper schrieb:
>> "Dmitry Dulepov [typo3]" <dmitry at typo3.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>> news:mailman.1.1203671122.3766.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...
>>> Hi!

>>> Hey, and how many extension developers take that into account? I do
>>> not remember announcing such thing to the community. Most extensions
>>> just use time()!
>>>
>> correct. That's why i said it's unfinished ;-)
>
> That task has not been begun at all! If it were all time() etc fuctions
> in the Core had to be replaced by appropriate wrappers. See the archives
> for a proposal of mine.

And only now I recall that there was a second part (which could be
implemented indepenently from the wrapper part). This one required the time
zone of the user to be stored into the session. The idea was that if the
server knows the TZ of the client it can display dates/times accordingly
(for lists in BE and FE).

I don't have the time for that. I can only come up with SYS[useUTC] "for
storage and in logs".

Masi